Français | Anglais
Children and young people with disabilities have the same rights and the same needs as other children and young people in all areas. They are entitled to express their opinions, take part in decision-making that affects them and be protected by the law like everyone else.
The conference on the “Full inclusion of children and young people with disabilities into society” offers an excellent opportunity to look at the position of the rights of children and young people with disabilities.
It will ask two key questions:
- What is the position of these rights in the policies pursued in Belgium and other Council of Europe member states?
- How should we see the challenges posed for the vast majority of states by ratification of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities the International Convention on the Rights of the Child and implementation of the Council of Europe Action Plan to promote the rights and full participation of people with disabilities in society 2006-2015
The Conference will run through a roundtable, videos, debates and reflection, and testimonies by young people and representatives of the civil society.
Workshops will address three priorities:
- Intersectoral approach to children’s rights
- Support for families and the community
- Inclusion in education and leisure activities
- n°1 : Intersectoral approach to children’s rights
- n°2 : Support for families and the community
- n°3 : Inclusion in education and leisure activities
No registration fees charged
Download the registration form (Word)
0032 (0) 71.205.709
On 16 October 2013, the Committee of Ministers at the 1181st meeting of the Ministers' Deputies adopted Recommendation "Ensuring full inclusion of children and youth with disabilities in society."